Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Weaving!

I have a great little LeClerc floor loom that sits patiently waiting...and waiting...and waiting for me to use it.  I bet it's in shock right now because I actually am using it again!  I measured out some warp last week for a dish towel and finished warping yesterday.

I have a weaving assistant!  She supervised last week from behind the loom.  Yesterday, as I finished up, Penelope jumped up on my lap and looked up at me as if to ask what I was doing...


Then, she did a close up inspection to make sure I did it right...


Then, I started weaving!  Wooot!  It's so fun!  Why don't I do this more often?!


I'm just doing a simple plain weave for this dish towel project.  I love seeing how multi-colored yarn works up.  And, so far, this is looking great!  I have a busy day ahead but I hope to find some time to work on it today.  There's only enough yarn for one towel.  So, it should work up pretty quickly.

Happy Tuesday!

13 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Yay for weaving; I love the Fall colors you are working with! Your assistant is adorable!

mamasmercantile said...

How wonderful to share a craft project with a little furry friend. The towel is looking amazing I love the colours.

Quinn said...

That does look like fun! I've known a couple of weavers, and admire the patience required to do all the stuff that comes before the actual to-and-fro with the shuttle. Of course it must help when you have such a pleasant supervisor!

September Violets said...

This looks great so far! Beautiful colours there ... too pretty for a dish towel?! I wonder what the cats would look like once they're woven into it ;) I'm pretty sure my mom had a LeClerc loom too. I sold it after she passed away, but it was purchased by a local weaving guild, and the ladies told "you can come and visit the loom whenever you like", which made me laugh. Wendy x

LindaLee said...

Beautiful towel. I'm a real color person so the more colors the better. All of the colors you're using look so nice together.

Your assistant is adorable!

LindaLee

Cindie said...

What a fun assistant you have! She's a cutie.

Love all the color in that dishtowel.

Mereknits said...

The towel is looking pretty gorgeous from here. Maybe I need to borrow you cat for motivation!
Hugs,
Meredith

Derrith said...

That does look like fun! I used to watch my grandmother make rag rugs on her big loom. Be sure and show us the finished product!

EvalinaMaria said...

Wow, it looks awesome! Love your assistant.

Laurie said...

Your towel looks great so far, as I'm sure Penelope has already told you. Aren't kitties just the most curious things?

thewovenspoke said...

Yay! I too have been weaving a rug for my rv for at least a month now and also have a purry supervisor! Your towel looks beautiful!

Amy at love made my home said...

Your weaving is lovely! It looks as though your assistant is keen to join in!! xx

judith said...

Why can't you be my neighbor and help me set up my big loom???? Love your yarn choice!